2008. június 15., vasárnap

Europe vs US

So, first of all, I wanna write about the 'local' skincare habits, practice and rave. The thing that I'll write are only my point of view.

In Europe the european-french beauty industries and techniques are the dominant.
French brands, like Lancome, Avene, La Roche Posay, Bioderma are wild-spread here.

There are not a lot of hunarian products, but what is liked, are mainly make natural products. Like the Ilcsi's often written as Elchee. They have a beauty-saloon in the UK, Dubai or Japan for example. I'have used Ilcsi products before, to be honest they were not my favourite, but I have sensitive skin and I trust in a good sunscreen and ingredients from the lab, like hyaluronic acid in my face cream or serum. But I would recommand the anti-cellulite creme with paprika - makes Your thighs sting, like it was bitten, helps the blood circulete faster. Or the toners, for exampla they have great rose-water toner.

My problem with this brand is that there are too much beauticans, who work with that products instead of using great ingredients when it's needed.
To be honest, as far as I know, every 1 from 10 beauticans suggest the guests to use a sunscreen every day, while the dermatologists just couldn't stop shouting it out loud...

Or the Omorovicza. You may have read about it already. :) To be honest, I've never used one of their products, so I couldn't say anything about it.

Some fancy notes: Founder of the Estée Lauder brand, the famous Ms. Lauder had hungarian roots: her parents were hungarian and czech immigrants, and her brother was also a founder of a school in Hungary. One of my BFFs have gone there, she said that the teachers gift were always containing some Lauder products. By the way, her name is Eszter, that's the hungarian version of Estée!

In europe, using AHA and BHA is not a wild spread routine, and some ingredients, like BPO reqiures dermatologist's custody, even tough the medicines here are a step more modern then in the US.

(For example, when I edited my Google-health profile, I didn't find my actual anti-allergy medicine, but the last version of it, that I took 2 years before, when they came up with a better-formulated, same-agent-but-less-side-effect-version of the pill. But health insurance system is different too. Even sunscreens are far more than what they use in the US products.)

Anyway, I have to get my BHA from the US (I'm using paula's choise products- I can get them here from Netherlands, for double price as in the US ) or AHA (from the same or skinceuticals, but they don't sell products here) on the other hand, there are some things that i would never get from the US. Like sunsreens.

I'm obsessed with the sunscreans, not only the texture, the smell or effect, but the biological effect and the chemical molecule too. I have some tube of japanese sunscreens at home, and sometimes I'm working as a part-time hostess for a french company that makes close to perfect sunscreens. It's the Bioderma, the sunscreens contain several ingredients, like octinoxate, avobenzone, octocrylene, titan-dioxide, zinc-oxide, Tinosorb S and Tinosorb M molecules. (these two are only used in Europe)

Fortunately, the sunscreen-loving behaviour is becoming more and more popular in Hungary, despite of the existence of soooo many girls, who's ideal skin-color is black. At least that's what they think.

-b-

Nincsenek megjegyzések: